Measuring flat sand casting is the casting method for producing cast iron platforms in sand molds. Steel, iron and most non-ferrous alloy castings can be obtained by sand casting. Because the molding materials used for the sand casting measurement flat plate are cheap and easy to obtain, the mold is easy to manufacture, and can be adapted to the single piece production, batch production and mass production of the measuring platform. For a long time, it has been the choice of many founding enterprises.
The lost foam casting measurement flat plate is a measuring workbench model made of foam material. After painting the special paint, it is buried in the negative pressure sand box with dry sand. After the dry sand is compacted by vibration, it is under negative pressure. The molten metal is poured underneath to obtain a cast iron plate that is consistent with the foam model and has no flash burrs. The foam model disappeared during the pouring process, so the image is called: lost foam casting.
Lost foam casting has more advantages than traditional sand casting:
1. Lost die casting measurement plate does not need parting and lower core. The lost mode is especially suitable for box type, shell type castings and bobbin type castings with complicated geometric shapes and difficult to complete traditional casting.
2. The dry sand buried model for lost foam casting can be used repeatedly, with less industrial waste and significantly reduced cost.
3, lost foam casting without flash burrs, cleaning time can be reduced by more than 80%.
4, lost foam casting can be used in one line, not only can do cast iron, ductile iron, but also can be cast steel parts at the same time, so the transfer is flexible, a wide range of applications.
5. Lost foam casting is not only suitable for large-volume castings, but also for mechanized operation. It is also suitable for manual splicing models of small batches of products.
6. Lost Foam Casting If the investment is in place, it can achieve dust-free air, no sand on the ground, low labor intensity and good working environment.
7. The lost foam casting cancels the molding process and can become a skilled worker after a short training period.
8. Lost foam casting is suitable for group casting, and dry sand is easy to remove sand. In some materials, castings can also be used for residual heat treatment according to the application.
9. Lost foam casting is not only suitable for small and medium-sized parts, but also suitable for large-scale castings, such as: machine bed, large-diameter pipe fittings, large-scale cold-flushing parts, large-scale mining equipment parts, etc., because the model production cycle is short, the cost is low, and the production cycle is also Short, so it is especially well received.